Hurrah! I’ve at last made a start on the my tulip blanket using the yarn I got in Aldi a few weeks ago, and it’s turning out to be a really enjoyable one to work on.
It requires a frequent change of colour as well as the use of different stitches – double crochet, v stitch and cluster stitch – so there’s plenty of variety and I’m finding that it’s working up quite quickly. The worst part is the ends – there are a lot of them! I think I’m definitely going to tackle these as I go and not wait until the end to do them all. (I keep losing darning needles though, so need to pop out and get some more this afternoon.)
When I started I used a combination of the original pattern (original pattern is US terms) and Bella Coco’s YouTube tutorial; after a few rows I got into the rhythm of it and am now doing it without referring to the pattern. My aim is to keep going with this project without getting (too) distracted by others and get it complete in the next couple of weeks, hopefully I’ll manage that!
The colours I’m using are white, red, green and yellow using the DK yarn from Aldi and a 4mm hook. It will hopefully be lovely and bright, and as yet I’m undecided if it’s one I’ll keep or one to give away, although at the moment I think it’s one that I might keep!