My most recent completed project is a giraffe, a pattern from Kornflake Stew. It was one that I’d had my eye on for a while and I really enjoyed doing it.
The pattern itself was really easy to follow and was only the second pattern I’ve read and been able to follow, up until now I’ve mainly watched YouTube videos and followed the instructions. The only stitch used is the single crochet, and it’s important to keep the stitches relatively tight otherwise when you come to stuff the toy the stuffing will poke through.
The yarn I used was Stylecraft Special DK in Wisteria and a random white one that I have at home. I used a 3.5mm hook, although if I’d used a thicker yarn I would have gone up to a 4 or 4.5.
Each of the parts were done separately and then sewn together, which I always find to be the worst part! I worry they’re not going to be secure, or one arm will end up higher than the other.
As I said, I really enjoyed this project and am really happy with how it turned out. I’m a relative newcomer to crochet so I’m really enjoying trying out all the different things that can be made. Now…. onto my next project!