There is a lot of choice out there, different suppliers of materials and resources for every type of craft you can imagine, and tools that you didn’t know existed but quickly manage to convince yourself that you must have! With this in mind, I’ve made a list below of shops and online resources which I’ve found useful. I’m not affiliated to any of these, I’m just making some suggestions based on positive experiences that I have had.
Online can often a bit cheaper and sometimes there’s more choice, but I really like to go into the shop to be able to see what I’m buying; of course more often than not I end up leaving with significantly more than I planned to!
Tutorials and patterns
- Bella Coco is brilliant! Really easy to follow crochet tutorials.
- Ravelry is a one stop shop for patterns, you can search by various criteria such as pattern type and cost (there’s loads of free ones). By registering you can store patterns for later so you don’t have to search again.
- Attic 24 has some amazing patterns with detailed instructions on what to do. You can even buy yarn packs for her projects!
- Sharon Ojala does great tutorials on how to crochet toys (amigurumi), they’re really easy to follow.
- Hobbycraft, I never seem to go in for just one thing!
- Wool Warehouse has every type of yarn you might need, and really quick delivery.
- Wool for Ewe on Rosemount Place, Aberdeen is a lovely shop with lots of beautiful yarns and really helpful staff .
- Holburn Crafts on Broomhill Road , Aberdeen is a great place with lots of different craft supplies including Stylecraft Yarn.
- Meg’s Attic in Banchory, Aberdeenshire has a great choice of yarn, fabrics, sewing supplies and much more.
- Beadworks has an amazing choice of beads and findings for jewellery making. You can shop online or visit their shop in Covent Garden if you’re in London (which I did, and spent far too much!).
- Cookson Gold has a massive range of jewellery making supplies and delivery is really fast.
- The Range has a big selection of various art and craft things